The Aterra XL camper is an innovative lightweight fiber reinforced thermoplastic honeycomb composite camper design. Engineered by Tern Overland and collaboratively built with AT Overland Equipment, it combines the best available materials and technology with expert craftsmanship that yields an exquisitely comfortable and practical camper.
The light-filled Aterra XL has a smart and comfortable interior living space with lots of convenient and practical storage solutions. The well-equipped camper is suitable for all seasons and full-time overlanding for two travelers + pets. The durable coated honeycomb composite and best in class appliances, windows and accessories make the Aterra XL a thermally efficient mobile habitation system.
The unique geometrical Aterra XL design yields a camper structure that is both strong and lightweight while able to withstand the rigors of endless washboard and the worst roads on the planet. Well-built by AT Overland Equipment in Prescott, AZ that has been designing and building the best Overland vehicle solutions for over 20 years.
Whether your needs are for seasonal backcountry camping with comfort in any condition, or intercontinental exploration the Aterra XL will deliver the comfort and performance you need.
• Base Model Weight: 1250 lbs.!!
• Honeycomb composite construction
• UV resistant polyurea coating inside and out with upholstered ceiling.
• Camper overall width: 80”
• Camper overall length: 153”
• Camper overall height: 83”
• Cab over length: 60”
• Cab over height: 42”
• Flatbed footprint: 80” x 80”
• Interior headroom: 76”
• Designed for ½, ¾ and 1 ton full size pickup and cab chassis trucks with 6.5’, 6.75’ and 8’ or longer flatbed trays. Note: ½ ton trucks may need augmented rear suspension.
• Fits flat bed trays made by OEV Aluma Tray, FiftyTen, UTE, Norweld and similarly dimensioned and built trays (80” x 80” minimum required).
• Queen size bed (78”l x 60”w) with 3” thick upholstered foam mattress and Froli travel spring system. Comes with an extension that turns it into a King bed!
• 5 Arctic tern double pane acrylic windows with reflective privacy curtains and bug screens
• Arctic tern double pane acrylic electric roof hatch skylight with integrated led lighting, bug and light blocking screens.
• Arctic tern double bolt entrance door with window and security/ bug screen
• Truma VarioHeat Comfort heater and AquaGo on-demand hot water heater
• Dometic flush mount 2 burner sink/stove combo with glass top
• Plyboo countertops and table
• Maxxair ventilation fan
• Dimmable interior and exterior led lighting
• Four double usb and four 12-volt power points
• 20 Lb propane tank (standard swappable type)
• National luna 90 liter dual zone fridge freezer
• 30 Gallons fresh water capacity
• Inside and outside Sagiv shower points
• Spod electrical switch panel w/bluetooth control
• 105 Ah lithium battery and 400 watts solar
• National Luna 40 amp DC to DC charging system with integrated MPPT solar controller and automatic vehicle charging disconnect.
• Wrappon Trekker waterless toilet system
• 8x step 22 Stingray cabinet storage cubes (16”l x 12”w x 8”h), and 2x step 22 Stingray cabinet storage half cubes (8”l x 12”w x 8”h)
• 3 Underbed storage drawers (25”w x 40”l x 6”h)
• 3 Hidden under bed compartments (25”w x 20”l x 6”h)
• 1 Clothes hanging closet (10”w x 20”l x 35”h )
• Shoe cubby (12”w x 20”l x 8”h)
• Storage under dinette seats (dinette also converts into a 78”l x 24”w bed, and a chaise lounge)
• Rear accessory mounting rack
• All doors lockable and keyed alike
Increase your power storage to 210 Amp hours with an additional LifePo4 Lithium battery.
Create a comfortable outdoor living space with a Fiamma 8' awning.
Make your outside showers a bit more private with the EeziAwn K9 Shower Cube curtain.
These mechanical jacks mount to each corner of the Aterra XL camper, and allow you to easily lift the camper to remove it from the flat bed. (set of 4)
Carry up to 4 MaxTrax boards on the rear accessory rack utilizing this lockable pin and mount kit.
Securely carry a septer can for fuel or water on the rear accessory rack. Each carry has a locking mechanism to detour theft.
Designed by Tern Overland this system brings in fresh outside air, cleans, dries, and brings it up to room temperature, while expelling stale air in your camper.
The Aterra XL exterior can be painted to the color of your choice. Automotive paint code required when placing your order.
CHECK OUT OUR ACCESSORIES SECTION FOR EVEN MORE GEAR!